Although I've been on break for school for the past week, I haven't been able to do any programming because I've been helping my dad and friend replace the roof of our RV. It's been an intense project! Today was the first day that I had free from working on it, and I've spent most of it programming.
For my robotics team, I spent today playing around with the WiringPi library on my Raspberry Pi. We want to have access to it's GPIO so we can use it as an embedded microcontroller onboard our ROV. The GPIO utility it has (for turning on inputs and outputs from Bash) is pretty awesome! I'm looking forward to writing some interesting embedded Qt apps for this.
I also found out today that my Raspberry Pi has a habit of breaking off the corner of my SD cards (above the contacts on the corner with the write-lock). Debugging that issue took up a fair amount of time, sadly. If you have the same issue, just take a piece of paper and put it between the SD card and the SD card holder (but not between the SD card and the contacts). That will apply just enough pressure to maintain contact.
I'm looking into writing a Git client for Android devices at some point (probably this summer). I tried to do a proof of concept today using QProcess to launch the Git executable that came with TerminalIDE (there is a Qt Git library, libqgit2, but it won't even compile on my Kubuntu VM), but I kept running into issues. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve them and start working on the app soon!
Thanks for stopping by and expect more Android apps soon,
TerminalIDE installed for this build to work, but I plan on changing that soon. Happy New Year!