A little bit about my tech background:
- I dual booted my computer (XP and Ubuntu) when I was in 6th grade. The triple-boots came soon afterwards.
- I taught myself basic HTML when I was in the 6th grade, although I've forgotten it by now. ;)
- I built my own desktop in 8th grade.
- In my freshman year of high school, I started to program calculators in TI-BASIC. That is really when I developed my love of programming.
- Halfway through my freshman year, I picked up an Arduino and started learning C++. I became a programmer for my underwater robotics team, too. The Arduino ROV firmware that I wrote helped my team win first place in the collegiate division of an international robotics competition.
- After 1.5 years of only Arduino programming, I found out about Qt and decided to take it for a spin. Less than 6 months later, I had already developed a few Qt applications, one of which is a FOSS ROV controller (Monterey).
- As of December 25, 2011, I have started to use Qt to write Android apps (albeit not very many).
For those of you who found this blog because of my FOSS ROV controller (codenamed: Monterey), please understand that I am waiting until June 2012 to re-release it. I apologize for any issues this causes, but I promise that it'll have a bunch of new features (and cleaner code)!
Thanks for stopping by,