Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello, World!

So I've just started doing this blogging thing to document my travels through technology.  I'll be using this blog to share my projects (code included, for those of you who like to see the C++ behind everything) and hopeful help out others in theirs.

A little bit about my tech background:

  • I dual booted my computer (XP and Ubuntu) when I was in 6th grade.  The triple-boots came soon afterwards.
  • I taught myself basic HTML when I was in the 6th grade, although I've forgotten it by now. ;)
  • I built my own desktop in 8th grade.
  • In my freshman year of high school, I started to program calculators in TI-BASIC.  That is really when I developed my love of programming.  
  • Halfway through my freshman year, I picked up an Arduino and started learning C++.  I became a programmer for my underwater robotics team, too.  The Arduino ROV firmware that I wrote helped my team win first place in the collegiate division of an international robotics competition.
  • After 1.5 years of only Arduino programming, I found out about Qt and decided to take it for a spin.  Less than 6 months later, I had already developed a few Qt applications, one of which is a FOSS ROV controller (Monterey).
  • As of December 25, 2011, I have started to use Qt to write Android apps (albeit not very many).
I currently have a fair amount of projects going on.  Most of these projects are related to underwater robotics and my robotics team, although some are not.  As these projects progress, I plan on updating this blog with information regarding them (so stay tuned!).

For those of you who found this blog because of my FOSS ROV controller (codenamed: Monterey), please understand that I am waiting until June 2012 to re-release it.  I apologize for any issues this causes, but I promise that it'll have a bunch of new features (and cleaner code)!

Thanks for stopping by,

Chris K

No comments:

Post a Comment