Tuesday, February 14, 2012

rov-suite

I've been getting most of my traffic recently from my rov-suite project pages at Sourceforge and Google Code.  I'd just like to say to those of you who are looking into rov-suite that I am still working on the project and that I still am going to re-release it with new features and bug-fixes in June of this year.

I repeat:  I am still working on rov-suite and I am going to re-release it with new features and bug fixes in June 2012.

I will post to the OpenROV and HomeBuiltROVs forums when I release it, so if you browse there then you will know when it's out.  I apologize for any issues this may cause you.  If you would like to get more information about it or if you would like to get the older version of the code, you can contact me and I can email it to you.

For those of you who don't know, I took down the rov-suite code because I am on an underwater robotics team and I don't want to aide my team's competition this year.  I have also been using my team's topside application (a branch of Monterey) as a testing ground for new features to add, as well as a revamped interface. Also, I have been getting more proficient in Qt, so plan on seeing better source code, a better UI and more custom widgets (graphing, etc).

Again, I apologize for the delays, but I hope that you understand why I've had to temporarily take down rov-suite.  I honestly cannot wait to open it back up!

Thanks for reading,

Chris

P.S.  Thanks to Android's USB/BT Joystick Center, the Android based ROV controller is under development.  And if I can get my hands on a Raspberry Pi, you may even see completely Raspberry Pi based ROV (both topside and bottomside) control system.

No comments:

Post a Comment