Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Git Client on Android

I like to make sure that my code is well backed up.  Also, since I am the head programmer of my robotics team, I like to keep track of the changes that my teammates make to their code no matter where I am.  Awhile ago, I downloaded the Android application called Terminal IDE just for fun. I never actually tried it out until a day ago.  To my surprise, when I typed in "git" the help text came up.  A few minutes later, after becoming root ("su"), I had made a directory on my sdcard and was proceeding to download my team's private repo over ssh from Sourceforge! I was pretty happy about that!

For those of you who want a full featured git client (and editor with nano and vim), check out Terminal IDE.  I mean, hey, it's free!

So what are you waiting for?

Chris K

P.S. It works best with the Hacker's Keyboard download from Google Play because that exposes the tab, ctrl, esc and arrow keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment