Sunday, July 14, 2013

Monterey Update

Good news, everybody!  I've successfully gotten video to stream from a webcamera to Monterey through my Raspberry Pi!  Here's a picture of Monterey's GUI, with me sitting at my computer (a custom built desktop with dual 21.5" 1080p monitors, K70 mechanical keyboard, G500 mouse, etc) as an example IP video stream.

I set up my Raspberry Pi following this tutorial.  I used the official OpenROV spec'd webcamera, a WideCam F100.  Everything about it works pretty well!  My only complaint is a slight bit of lag, but it should be useable, especially for observation missions.

I want to add the ability to take high-res still photos with the ROV and send them up to the topside, as requested by Marcus.

Here's the latest commit in the HUD branch.

If you'd like to see features added to Monterey, or if you find any bugs, please open an issue with your request here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Chris Konstad

1 comment:

  1. Does this WideCam F100 outputs in MJPEG? I am interested in using it with OpenWRT router as an IP cam and it is very important that it must send MJPEG output to the router instead of YUV.

    Could you run the following command and share the results?
    :~# lsusb -v

    thanks

    ReplyDelete