|An early, ugly and pre-alpha build of Monterey v3.0.|
- Remote flashing of ROV software using a Raspberry Pi
- IP video via Raspberry Pi
- PID algorithm for position holding
- Exponentially weighted moving averages for smoothing sensor data
- Vertical speed indicator
- Tailored for OpenROV electronics and hardware (with the exception of replacing the BeagleBone with a Raspberry Pi)
- An awesome theme borrowing heavily from Eric's mockup
I've already done some work the past two days on Monterey, bringing much needed improvements to the package. I've learned more about proper software architecture and UI/UX design since I last worked on Monterey, and I hope it'll show in my new work. While adding features to Monterey, I'll also be refactoring the older code to made it cleaner and easier to work on. Also, Monterey 3.0 will link with the Qt5 libraries and use QQuick2 for some of the widgets (see the depth-tape for an example).
Features/bugs already worked on:
- DiveTimer has been moved to it's own class and now automatically starts and pauses when the ROV enters and leaves the water.
- Monterey now has a fullscreen mode!
- The UI is now scalable, meaning Monterey now works on netbooks with 1024x600 displays through laptops with 1080p monitors. This feature was long needed, and I'm glad I've gotten good enough at layouts to add this functionality.
Thanks for stopping by!