Monday, June 25, 2012

International MATE ROV Competition


Great news!  The robotics team that I am a part of, Jesuit Robotics (a 17 member high school robotics team), just got 3rd place overall in the Explorer class (collegiate level) of the MATE International ROV Competition!  Out of many universities from several countries, only a team from Russian and a team from Perdue beat us!  On the team, my main responsibility was the software.  I'm very happy to say that we did not have a software problem at the competition!  I wrote the topside software and taught two guys, Alex and Nick, how to write Arduino code so that they could write the bottomside software.

Here's our ROV ("Triton").


I'd just like to say thanks for the guys of Jesuit Robotics for a great year, a great ROV and great friendships!  Also, I'd like to thank our mentors for their many, many hours of work and supervision that makes our program possible!

Thanks for stopping by,

Chris K

No comments:

Post a Comment